- Support Emerson
- Contact Us
Good eating for a good cause
The Middle School Advisory classes planned and served up a pancake breakfast that raised just over $1000 for the Livestrong Foundation.
Trick or Treat with UNICEF
Small change can bring about a big change. That's the message 7th grade students send to parents, students, and staff as they work to raise funds for UNICEF. In 2011 they collected $1405. They made posters, distributed donation boxes, and spoke with fellow students about the impact of donating even small amounts to UNICEF. Six cents provides a drink of safe, clean water for one thirsty child!
- Middle School Community Service Day - A full day devoted to learning about non-profit organizations and volunteering time and effort to the good work these organizations do.
- Community Heros & Heroines - Who are the individuals in our community who make large and small changes in peoples lives? Joyce Gerber's 5th graders learn from these individuals throughout the year.
- Emerson 7th graders asked, and our school community responded with an outpouring of support for Food Gatherers' Backpack Program. The Backpack Program provides backpacks of food for elementary school-aged children whose families often do not have adequate food supplies. The students take full backpacks home on Friday and return them empty to school on Monday where they are replenished by volunteers and made ready to go home again.
- Emerson 4th graders meet monthly with their senior friends at Brecon Village. Read here.
- Connie Weber’s 5th Graders enjoy an ongoing community connection with senior friends at Silver Maples in Chelsea. Emerson’s Senior Friends program was begun in 2001.
- Emerson Red Cross Blood Drive - Joyce Gerber's 5th grade has organized and promoted this event since 2008. The 2012 drive was the most successful ever!
- Washing Cars For ALS - 7th graders raised money for Ann Arbor Active Against ALS.
- Humane Society of Huron Valley - 6th grade girls made blankets and dog biscuits for their four-legged friends.
- Games For Good - 6th graders held a game night as a mini-fundraiser for Japan.
- 6th Grade girls’ advisories dipped pretzels, marshmallows, and oreos in chocolate to sell during Middle School lunch. Proceeds of over $200 were donated to Arbor Hospice.
- Pinwheels for Peace - The entire school celebrates the International Day of Peace.