- Support Emerson
- Contact Us
The Annual Fund is the foundation of Emerson’s fundraising program. The term “annual gifts” refers to the contributions you and your fellow Emerson parents make in support of the school’s operating budget. The financial health of the entire school depends on these gifts. Because every year brings new challenges and new opportunities, we hope that all parents will become annual donors to Emerson. What matters most is your participation: each gift, no matter the size, makes an impact.
Gifts made by past donors to the Annual Fund are directly contributing to your child’s Emerson experience today. Our supporters have made a commitment to the future, enabling us to meet new challenges and seize new opportunities as they arise—sustaining our outstanding academic, athletic and arts programs as well as funding maintenance, faculty salaries and professional development.
Annual Fund Gifts Make a Difference
When you give to the Annual Fund, you help Emerson implement many school improvements. Recently we were able to:
• Provide much needed financial aid;
• Fund the empowering F.A.S.T. reading program;
• Add 20 more laptops to the Middle School, 20 netbooks to the Lower School, and equip five classrooms with new amplification systems;
• Completely renovate the lower school science room with new cabinets, countertops and bookshelves; paint and install new carpeting in the lower school specials wing; remodel the middle school student bathrooms; and add new cabinets to the middle school art room;
• Send 18 faculty to a variety of University Musical Society workshops including:
Exploring Latin American Culture Through Folktales, Native American Culture Immersion, Arts Integration in the Classroom, and American Roots Music.
2011-2012 Annual Fund a Great Success!
As we come to the close of the 2011-12 fiscal year, we extend our thanks to the many members of our community who contributed to the Annual Fund this year, from July to June!
We are pleased to announce that we also reached our year-end goal to raise an additional $40,000 by June 30, 2012. We reached our goal on the last full day of school, just in time for an extra large eagle to visit at afternoon curbside! A special thanks goes out to a select group of our Trustees who generously gave to a Challenge pool of funds to match all gifts up to $50 that we received after May 4th.
Equally important to the funds raised, is the percentage of our parent community that participates in the Annual Fund. In our 2010-11 fiscal year, 63% of our families participated- our best year ever! This represented significant growth over the last few years and we are pleased and proud to announce that, once again, 62% of our community chose to make a difference by donating to the Annual Fund.
Our 2011-12 Annual Report will be published in Fall 2012, and will include details on our funds raised through the Annual Fund and Auction, lists of our donors, and highlights from the 2011-12 school year.
How to a make a gift?
- Online: click here to make a donation from the Emerson website.
- By check: make your check payable to Emerson School and return to Sue Johnson’s attention.
- By phone: call Sue Johnson with credit card information.
Please contact Sue Johnson with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org, (734) 665-5662 x 312, or stop by the office for a visit.