- Support admissions and marketing efforts to increase the number of students from under-represented groups with specific attention to the recruitment of students of color.
- Increase support for financial aid to ensure economic diversity. Support efforts of administrators to increase the number of faculty and administrators from under-represented backgrounds.
- Initiate and support educational programs for students, parents, and faculty on multicultural, disability, and non-traditional family issues emphasizing tolerance and fair treatment.
- Support expansion of library resources on multicultural, disability, and non-traditional family issues.
- Expansion of the guest speaker program for the Emerson community (including parents) to reflect the diverse community in which we live in Southeast Michigan.
- Enhancement of student awareness of the varied cultural resources through field trips, research assignments, extracurricular activities and cultural events which broaden the study and appreciation of diverse cultures and perspectives
- Weave diversity into the curriculum.